Registration of employees

All employees with whom an employer has entered into an employment contract must be registered with the Tax and Customs Board in the employment register when starting to work or beginning service.

From the emplyment register a variety of authorities acquire information, such as:

  • Estonian Health Insurance Fund
  • Eesti Töötukassa (Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund)
  • Social Insurance Board
  • Police and Border Guard Board
  • Tax and Customs Board.

NB! Start, suspension and termination of employment will be listed in the register and the data regarding workforce medical insurance will be sent to the Health Insurance Board directly from the register.

Last amended: 19-02-2018 11:27 | Compiled by: Tax and Customs Board