Notice of economic activities for handlers of fertilisers

For the purposes of the Fertilisers Act, the handling of a fertiliser means the production, packaging, marking and import of a fertiliser into Estonia for distribution purposes, and the distribution of a fertiliser. A legal person, a sole proprietor, a state agency, or a local authority agency may be the handler of a fertiliser.

An undertaking or establishment that wishes to start activity as a handler of fertilisers is required to submit a notice of economic activities in the relevant area of activity prior to commencement of economic activities

The economic activity of a handler of fertilisers is regulated by the following legislation:

  • Fertilisers Act;
  • General Part of the Economic Activities Code Act;
  • Statutes of the register of fertilisers;
  • Requirements for the packaging of fertilisers and for the corresponding information sheets;
  • Requirements for the composition of fertilisers by fertiliser type;
  • Procedure for taking samples of fertilisers and the methodology for analysing samples;
  • The code of the combined nomenclature of fertilisers (CN code);
  • Regulation (EC) No. 2003/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council;
  • Regulation (EC) No. 764/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council.

Completing and submitting a notice

A notice of economic activities must contain the following information:

  • primary data of the undertaking;
  • the undertaking’s postal address and contact details;
  • the address of the undertaking’s seat (if it differs from the postal address);
  • information (about the place of business) of the undertaking, if it differs from the contact details of the undertaking;
  • area of activity and its classification code that the notice of economic activities is submitted for;
  • fertiliser details (type, trade name, country of origin, CN code, composition and way of making of the fertiliser);
  • contact details of the person who signed the notice. A board member or other authorised person signs a notice of economic activities. If an authorised person signed the notice, a letter of authorisation must be added to the application.

You can submit the notice of economic activities:

  • via the client portal of the Ministry of Rural Affairs;
  • by post at: Põllumajandusameti väetise osakond, Teaduse 2, Saku 75501, Harjumaa

The form of the notice of economic activities is available on the website of the Agricultural Board. The operators who submit an electronic notice fill in their notice directly in the information system and do not have to prepare a paper document.

Payment of state fee

  • A state fee of 130 euros is applied for the entry of a fertiliser in the register.
  • A state fee of 32 euros is applied for amending the entry.
  • A state fee of 10 euros is paid for the submission of a notice of economic activities by any means other than through the client portal of the Ministry of Rural Affairs.

The state fee must be paid before the submission of the notice.

You can transfer the state fee to one of the bank accounts of the Ministry of Finance with reference number 2900082184:

  • SEB – EE891010220034796011
  • Swedbank – EE932200221023778606
  • Danske Bank – EE403300333416110002
  • Luminor Bank – EE701700017001577198


State supervision is performed by the Agricultural Board.

Contact details

Substantive information

Jan-Roland Raukas, Agricultural Board, tel:+372 671 2612, e-mail:

Registry information and technical questions

Client portal of the Ministry of Rural Affairs, tel: +372 625 6100, e-mail:

Compiled by: Agricultural Board