Activity licence for permanent youth camps
- Legal bases
- Requirements for the applicant
- Cross-border operation
- Completing and submitting the application
- Payment of the state fee
- Processing the application
- Changing the terms and conditions of the activity licence
- Suspension of an activity licence and termination of economic activity
- Revocation of an activity licence
- Contact details
You need to apply for an activity licence for permanent youth camps if you wish to offer young people the service of recreational holidays promoting their development.
The activity of permanent youth camps and application for related activity licences is regulated by the following legislation:
- Youth Work Act;
- General Part of the Economic Activities Code Act;
- Public Health Act;
- Regulation of the Minister of Social Affairs “Health protection requirements for youth camps”.
Requirements for the applicant
The recipients of an activity licence for permanent youth camps must comply with the following requirements:
- you have premises that comply with the requirements for the provision of the service of recreational holidays promoting development; documents verifying the ownership or right of commercial lease of the premises;
- certificates of the Health Board and Rescue Board certifying the compliance of the premises and land;
- you have a competent director and competent counsellors for the youth camp;
- you have been entered into the commercial register, the non-profit associations and foundations register or the register of religious associations as an organiser of a youth camp;
- you have paid the state fee.
If an undertaking has been established in another contracting state of the European Economic Area but also wishes to provide continuous services in Estonia, the undertaking must act in accordance with the present guidelines.
Information for operating in other countries of the European Economic Area can be found from the EUGO point of single contact of the respective country.
Completing and submitting an application
An application for a youth camp activity licence shall be submitted at least three months before the commencement of activities of a youth camp.
For the grant of an activity licence, please submit an application through the State Portal and the following additional documents:
- the statutes of youth camp;
- consents of a director and counsellors who meet the requirements set out in legislation and documents which allow assessing their compliance with the requirements;
- information on the premises, furnishings and area necessary for the activities of the youth camp, and information concerning the compliance thereof with health protection, fire safety and rescue requirements;
- a document verifying the payment of the state fee.
NB! Please pay the state fee before submitting your application.
Payment of the state fee
A state fee of 50 euros is applied for the processing of an activity licence for permanent youth camps. The state fee is transferred to a bank account of the Ministry of Finance with reference number 2900073546:
- SEB – EE891010220034796011
- Swedbank – EE932200221023778606
Processing the application
The Ministry of Education and Research shall start processing the application from the date of its submission. The application is reviewed within 30 days, granted that all the required documents have been submitted.
The Ministry of Education and Research shall check the compliance of the documents with legislation. If the application does not meet the requirements, i.e., the required data or documents have not been submitted or the application has other deficiencies, then the Ministry of Education and Research shall notify the applicant in writing, providing a time limit for the rectification of the deficiencies. If the deficiencies are not rectified for the set time limit, then the Ministry of Education and Research may refuse to process the application.
An activity licence for permanent youth camps is issued without a term. A directive on the issue of an activity licence for permanent youth camps is sent to the applicant on the e-mail address specified in the Estonian Education Information System. The activity licence is sent by registered mail.
Changing the terms and conditions of the activity licence
A new application must be submitted upon changes to the circumstances of an activity licence, i.e., the organiser of the camp changes, or the service of recreational holidays promoting development is offered by the same camp organiser in a different area or premises.
Suspension of an activity licence and termination of economic activities
If you wish to terminate activity in the chosen field, then please submit a notice of termination of economic activities to the Ministry of Education and Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to renounce economic activities temporarily, then please state the date of renouncement and re-commencement of economic activities on a notice of temporary renouncement of economic activities to be submitted to the Ministry of Education and Research at email@example.com.
Revocation of an activity licence
An activity licence is revoked on the following grounds:
- intentional submission of incorrect information by an undertaking upon application for an activity licence, which affected the grant of a licence, provided that, if such information had not been submitted, the grant of an activity licence would have been denied;
- renouncement of economic activities by an undertaking;
- validity of a relevant prohibition on economic activities imposed by a court judgment or arising from law in a relevant area of activity in respect of an undertaking, except for validity of a prohibition on economic activities imposed pursuant to the General Part of the Economic Activities Code Act.
An activity licence may be revoked on the following grounds:
- failure to commence economic activities within two years as of the issue of the activity licence or failure to pursue economic activities within two years;
- and, in the case of provision of services of general interest, failure to commence economic activities within 12 months after issue of the activity licence;
- or failure to pursue economic activities within 12 months;
- or failure to commence economic activities within the term prescribed by a secondary condition of the activity licence;
- material violation of an economic activity requirement in the subject of review of the activity licence or a secondary condition of the activity licence;
- a significant damage or danger caused to public order by the activity permitted by the activity licence, which did not exist or was not known at the time of grant of the activity licence and which overrides the interest of the undertaking in continuing the activity on the current conditions and which can be eliminated by amendment of the activity licence;
- the arising of a resolutive condition, which has been imposed as a secondary condition of the activity licence, and which serves as a prerequisite for the validity of the activity licence in the relevant area of activity.
The Ministry of Education and Research may additionally revoke the activity licence on the following instances:
- the owner of the youth camp has submitted false information upon application for an activity licence;
- a decision on the termination of the activity of the youth camp has been made;
- the owner of the youth camp is subject to a declaration of bankruptcy;
- the owner of the youth camp or the activity of the youth camp does not comply with requirements set out by law or the owner of the youth camp has not fulfilled the precept made during governmental supervision by the set time limit and according to the prescribed procedure.
State or administrative supervision over the educational activities of youth camps shall be exercised by the Ministry of Education and Research or the county governor of the location of the youth camp at the assignment of the Minister of Education and Research by appointing the officials exercising state or administrative supervision.
The Ministry of Education and Research, chief expert, phone +372 7350218, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
General information and technical questions regarding the register
The Estonian Education Information System, phone +372 735 0577, +372 735 0574, e-mail: email@example.com