Activity licence for providing security guard training
- Legal bases
- Requirements for the applicant
- Cross-border operation
- Completing and submitting the application
- Payment of the state fee
- Processing the application
- Changing the terms and conditions of the activity licence
- Suspension of an activity licence and termination of economic activities
- Revocation of the activity licence
- Contact details
If you wish to start operations in the field of security guard training, then you need to apply for an activity licence.
The economic activity of security guard training providers is regulated by the following legislation:
Requirements for the applicant
The provider of security guard training must have a curriculum that corresponds to the qualification standard established under the Professions Act. The Police and Border Guard Board and the Ministry of Education and Research shall approve the curriculum. An undertaking is granted an activity licence if the subjects to be taught, the teachers and the study programme allow compliance with the requirements for the qualifications of a security guard.
If an undertaking has been established in another contracting state of the European Economic Area but also wishes to provide continuous services in Estonia, the undertaking must act in accordance with the present guidelines.
Information for operating in other countries of the European Economic Area can be found from the EUGO point of single contact of the respective country.
Completing and submitting the application
For the grant of an activity licence, please submit an application with the following documents:
- an approved curriculum;
- list of people providing the security guard training.
You can submit the application:
- to the Ministry of Education and Research via the State Portal (use of the service requires logging in with an ID card, Mobile ID or via Internet bank);
- digitally signed by e-mail to the Ministry of Education and Research at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by sending a signed copy by regular mail to the Ministry of Education and Research on the address 50088 Tartu, Munga 18.
NB! Please pay the state fee before submitting your application.
Payment of the state fee
For the application of an activity licence, please pay a state fee of 32 euros to a bank account of the Ministry of Finance with reference number 2900073546:
- SEB – EE891010220034796011
- Swedbank – EE932200221023778606
Processing the application
The Ministry of Education and Research shall start counting the processing period of the application from the date of its submission. The application will be reviewed by the Ministry of Education and Research within 30 days, granted that all the required documents are correctly formalised and submitted.
The Ministry of Education and Research shall check the compliance of the documents with legislation. If the application does not meet the requirements, i.e. required data or documents have not been submitted or the application has other deficiencies, then the Ministry of Education and Research shall notify the applicant in writing, providing a time limit for the rectification of the deficiencies. If the deficiencies are not rectified for the set time limit, then the Ministry of Education and Research may refuse to process the application.
An activity licence for providing security guard training is granted without a term.
Changing the terms and conditions of the activity licence
As an undertaking, you are obligated to notify the registrar of any changes to the information on your economic activity immediately, but no later than within 5 working days.
Suspension of an activity licence and termination of economic activities
If you wish to terminate activity in the chosen field, then please submit a notice of termination of economic activities to the Ministry of Education and Research at email@example.com.
If you wish to renounce economic activities temporarily, then please state the date of renouncement and re-commencement of economic activities on a notice of temporary renouncement of economic activities to be submitted to the Ministry of Education and Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revocation of the activity licence
An activity licence expires in the following cases:
- upon expiry of a term of the activity licence if the activity licence was granted for a specified term;
- upon death of a sole proprietor and liquidation, merger, division and transformation of a legal person unless the activity licence is transferred pursuant to section 46 of the General Part of the Economic Activities Code Act.
Hilje Arukuusk, Ministry of Education and Research, tel: +372 7350 117, e-mail: email@example.com
Registry information and technical questions
Estonian Education Information System, tel: +372 735 0577, +372 735 0574, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org