Activity licence for training providers for truck drivers and bus drivers
- Legal bases
- Requirements for an applicant
- Cross-border operation
- Submitting an application
- Paying the state fee
- Processing an application
- Changing the conditions of an activity licence
- Temporary and permanent renouncement of economic activity
- Revocation of an activity licence
- Contact information
If you want to start providing occupational or refresher training for truck drivers or bus drivers, you need to apply for an activity licence. An activity licence is issued without a time limit if the applicant does not want it for a shorter period.
Requirements for an applicant
An applicant for the organisation of truck driver or bus driver training must meet the following requirements:
- be registered in the commercial register or the non-profit associations and foundations register or
- be registered in the Estonian Education Information System.
If the company is registered in another country of the European Economic Area, but also wants to provide the service in Estonia, they must apply for an activity licence under the conditions specified in this guide.
Information about operating in other countries of the European Economic Area is available at the respective country’s point of single contact EUGO.
Submitting an application
The application for the activity licence to organise driver training must be submitted to the Estonian Road Administration.
The application must include the following data:
- for a legal person, their name and registry code; for a self-employed person, their name and registry code;
- contact details of the company (telephone number, e-mail address, and postal address);
- for a company from another Member State or a third country, their address of location if it differs from the postal address;
- the legislative name of the area of activity and the name and code of the classification pursuant to subsection 4 (6) of the Commercial Code;
- name and contact data (phone number and e-mail address) of the person who signed the application; for legal persons, the basis of their right of representation as well (member of the management board or authorisation);
- if the company wants the term of validity of the activity licence granted to it to be limited compared to that provided by law, the desired term of validity of the activity licence;
- information on the possibility to use a study room and interior suitable for conducting the training;
- depending on the type of training, the training program for a truck driver or bus driver which meets the requirements specified in subsection 36 (7) of the Road Transport Act;
- list of teaching materials and supplies necessary to teach the subjects of the curriculum;
- documents certifying the compliance of the lecturer with the requirements set out in subsections 45 (1) and (2) of the Road Transport Act;
- the lecturer’s signed written consent for carrying out the training.
The application for the activity licence can be submitted:
- By entering the Register of Economic Activities through the State Portal (usage of the service requires logging in with an ID-card, with mobile-ID, or via an internet bank);
- in digitally signed form to the e-mail address email@example.com;
- by mail to the Estonian Road Administration at Teelise 4, 10916, Tallinn.
Paying the state fee
A state fee of 100 euros must be paid for the application for an activity licence to be reviewed.
A state fee of 50 euros must be paid for the application for an additional type of training of an activity licence to be reviewed.
The state fee must be paid to the bank account of the Ministry of Finance:
- SEB bank – EE891010220034796011
- Swedbank – EE932200221023778606
- Danske Bank – EE403300333416110002
- Luminor – EE701700017001577198
When making the payment, please provide the reference number 10602008005990.
Processing an application
The processing time of the application is up to 30 days. The company is informed about the issuance of an activity licence by mail or by e-mail.
If there are any deficiencies in the application, the applicant will be granted a deadline to eliminate the deficiencies. The deadline set for reviewing the application will be stopped for the deadline set for the elimination of deficiencies. If the deficiencies are not eliminated by the deadline, the application may not be reviewed.
An activity licence is issued without a time limit if the applicant does not want it for a shorter period.
Changing the conditions of an activity licence
If the data contained in the documents submitted for application for an activity licence have changed (e.g. changes in the company’s name, address, or contact details), the issuer of the activity licence must be informed of them immediately, but not later than within five working days in writing, indicating the changed data.
Temporary and permanent renouncement of economic activity
To suspend the validity of the activity licence or declare it invalid, the company must submit a written application to the issuer of the activity licence.
Revocation of an activity licence
An activity licence is revoked on the following grounds:
- intentional submission of incorrect information by an undertaking upon application for an activity licence, which affected the grant of a licence, provided that if such information had not been submitted, the grant of an activity licence would have been denied;
- renouncement of economic activities by an undertaking;
- validity of a relevant prohibition on economic activities imposed by a court judgment or arising from law in a relevant area of activity in respect of an undertaking, except for validity of a prohibition on economic activities imposed pursuant to this Act.
An activity licence may be revoked on the following grounds:
- failure to commence economic activities within two years after issue of the activity licence or failure to pursue economic activities within two years, and in the case of provision of services of general interest, failure to commence economic activities within 12 months after issue of the activity licence or failure to pursue economic activities within 12 months or failure to commence economic activities within the term prescribed by a secondary condition of the activity licence;
- a serious violation of the requirements of the activity licence;
- a significant damage or danger caused to public order by the activity permitted by the activity licence, which did not exist or was not known at the time of grant of the activity licence and which overrides the interest of the undertaking in continuing the activity and which cannot be eliminated by amendment of the activity licence;
- changing the secondary conditions of the activity licence.
The Estonian Road Administration supervises the training of truck drivers and bus drivers.
Substantive additional info
Estonian Road Administration, phone: 636 1114, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, phone: 625 6449, e-mail: Kaarel.Tang@mkm.ee
Registry information and technical questions
Register of Economic Activities, phone: +372 668 7080, e-mail:email@example.com