Activity licence for the inspection of cargo operations of chemical tankers
- Legal bases
- Requirements for the applicant
- Cross-border operation
- Filling in and submitting the application
- Payment of the state fee
- Processing the application
- Changing the terms and conditions of the activity licence
- Suspension of a licence and termination of economic activities
- Revocation of the activity licence
- Contact details
You must apply for the activity licence if you wish to operate as an inspector for cargo operations of chemical tankers in accordance with the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MAROPL).
The activity licence is valid indefinitely and is issued by the Maritime Administration.
Activities involved with the inspection of cargo operations of chemical tankers chemical tankers are governed by:
- General Part of the Economic Activities Code Act;
- Maritime Safety Act;
- International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships Annex II Regulation 16.
Requirements for the applicant
To obtain an activity license, you must comply with the following requirements:
- you are a citizen of Estonia or the European Union;
- you have a minimum of secondary education;
- you do not have any tax arrears or staggered tax arrears.
In case the undertaking is established and operates in maritime activities in another country of the European Economic Area but wishes to operate in Estonia as well, it must apply for an exempt from permit obligations.
Undertakings of a member state of the European Economic Area, who provide temporarily services in Estonia, do not need to submit an activity licence.
Information about operating in other member states of the European Economic Area can be found at an EUGO point of single contact of the relevant country.
Filling in and submitting the application
To obtain an activity license, please submit an application and the following additional documents, if necessary:
- the list of technical equipment used;
- an overview of the recognised activities of the applicant;
- if the manufacturing plant has issued to the individual a permit or certificate for the maintenance, inspection or repair of a product, a copy thereof must be attached to the activity licence application.
You can submit the application by entering the Register of Economic Activities via the State Portal (use of the service requires log-in via ID card, Mobile ID or Internet bank).
Payment of the state fee
- To apply for an activity licence, please transfer the state fee to the bank account of the Ministry of Finance with the reference number 2900073119:
- Swedbank – EE 93 2200 2210 2377 8606;
- SEB – EE 89 1010 2200 3479 6011.
A fee of EUR 130 is paid for the review of the application of recognition for every working hour of the public servant of the Maritime Administration, but not more than EUR 2000.
Processing the application
The submitted application will be reviewed within 20 working days. You will be notified of the issue of the activity licence via e-mail.
The activity licence will be recorded in the Register of Economic Activities. If the information in the application is incomplete, you will be contacted via e-mail or by phone after the submission of the application.
The activity licence is valid indefinitely.
Changing the terms and conditions of the activity licence
If you wish to modify the activity licence, you must submit a notice about the intent to change your economic activity at least 30 days before the planned change by entering the Register of Economic Activities via the State Portal (use of the service requires log-in via ID card, Mobile ID or Internet bank).
The application of modifying the activity licence submitted by the undertaking will be resolved by the Maritime Administration in accordance with the procedure of issuing activity licences.
Suspension of a licence and termination of economic activities
If you wish to discontinue activities in the chosen field of permit obligation, you must submit a notice of discontinuing economic activities.
If you wish to suspend economic activities until a certain date, please specify the date of discontinuation and resumption of economic activities on the notice of discontinuing economic activities.
You can submit a notice of changing the activity license by entering the Register of Economic Activities via the State Portal (use of the service requires log-in via ID card, Mobile ID or Internet bank).
Revocation of the activity licence
An activity license is declared invalid on the following basis:
- intentional submission of false information by the undertaking when applying for an activity license affecting the issue of the permit in a situation where the permit would not have been issues if this information had not been submitted;
- ceasing economic activities by the undertaking;
- a relevant prohibition of economic activity of the undertaking in the relevant field resulting from a court judgement, or a relevant prohibition of economic activity resulting from legislation, except in case of a prohibition of economic activity applied on the basis of this act.
An activity licence may be declared invalid on the following basis:
- failure to begin economic activity within two years from the issue of the activity licence or failure to carry out the activity within a period of two years, in case of services of general interest, failure to begin economic activity within 12 months from the issue of the activity licence or failure to carry out the activity within a period of 12 months, or failure to begin economic activity within the period specified in the additional requirements of the activity licence.
- significant violation of a requirement of economic activity of the inspection object of the activity licence or an additional requirement of the activity licence.
- significant damage or threat to public order caused by the licenced activity which did not exist or was not known upon the issue of the activity licence and which outweighs the interest of the undertaking to continue activities, and which cannot be eliminated by way of amending the activity licence;
- in case of the occurrence of a resolutive condition stipulated as an additional requirement for the activity licence and prerequisite for the validity of the activity licence in the relevant area of activity.
National supervision is carried out by the Maritime Administration.
Sulev Lõhmus, Estonian Maritime Administration, tel: +372 620 5729, e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registry information and technical questions
Register of Economic Activities, tel: +372 668 7080, e-mail: email@example.com