Go to the next part of the content

Go to the next part of the content

Applying for A1 (E101) certificate as entrepreneur

An employer (entrepreneur/sole proprietor) who wishes to assign its employee (or the sole proprietor him/herself) from Estonia to temporarily work in another Member State of the European Union (for up to 24 months) must apply for an A1 certificate from the Social Insurance Board.

A person is only entitled to social insurance in one country at a time. This means that the social insurance contribution is only paid for an employee in the country that issues the A1 certificate; in other countries of work there is no obligation to pay social insurance contributions.

NB! An employer applies for a certificate for an employee, but the certificate is always personal and is issued in the name of the employee.

As of 18 March 2019 certificates A1 issued in Estonia will be effective without being signed or sealed and the Estonian Social Insurance Board will no longer issue paper forms by mail. You can view and print certificate A1 issued to you through the service Applications for A1 (E101) certificate filed by me and my certificates.

Further information about social insurance rules and rights in the European Union can be found on the website of the European Commission.

info@sotsiaalkindlustusamet.ee  or call Social Insurance Board helpline 612 1360, on weekdays 9:00–17:00. On the last Friday of every month 9:00–13:00

NB! All official forms are in Estonian.


Text made by Social Insurance Board

In order to use the service you have to enter the State Portal eesti.ee! Enter

Last modified 15. March 2019