Dear visitor of the Estonian State Portal!

Contacts of the institutions are available at the new state portal.

Services for citizens can be found at the new state portal.


Go to the next part of the content

Go to the next part of the content

Applying for A1 (E101) certificate for employee of enterprise or of sole proprietor

An employer (or sole proprietor) must apply for an A1 certificate for an employee if:

  • you assign your employee to temporarily work in another EU Member State (for a maximum of 24 months)
  • the employee lives in Estonia and works for you alone in several EU Member States (including Estonia).

NB! An employee who does not live in Estonia but works in several Member States (including Estonia) must apply for an A1 certificate from the social insurance institution in their state of residence.

As of 18 March 2019 certificates A1 issued in Estonia will be effective without being signed or sealed and the Estonian Social Insurance Board will no longer issue paper forms by mail. You can view and print certificate A1 issued to you through the service Applications for A1 (E101) certificate filed by me and my certificates.

NB! All official forms are in Estonian.

[email protected] or call Social Insurance Board helpline 612 1360, on weekdays 9:00–17:00. On the last Friday of every month 9:00–13:00.

Text made by Social Insurance Board

In order to use the service you have to enter the State Portal! Enter

Last modified 15. March 2019