Go to the next part of the content

Go to the next part of the content

Applying for personal A1 (E101) certificate

An employee who lives in Estonia and works in more than one Member State of the European Union (including Estonia) must apply for an A1 certificate from the Social Insurance Board.

A person is subject to social insurance only in one country at a time. The A1 certificate determines the EU Member State in which social insurance contributions are paid on your earnings. This means that the social insurance contribution is only paid in the country that has issued you with the A1 certificate; in other countries where you work there is no obligation to pay social insurance contributions.

NB! If you do not live in Estonia but work in several EU Member States (including Estonia), you must apply for an A1 certificate from the social insurance institution in your state of residence.

As of 18 March 2019 certificates A1 issued in Estonia will be effective without being signed or sealed and the Estonian Social Insurance Board will no longer issue paper forms by mail. You can view and print certificates A1 issued to you through the service Applications for A1 (E101) certificate filed by me and my certificates.

Further information about social insurance rules and rights in the European Union can be found on the website of the European Commission.

info@sotsiaalkindlustusamet.ee or call Social Insurance Board helpline 612 1360, on weekdays 9:00–17:00. On the last Friday of every month 9:00–13:00.

NB! All official forms are in Estonian.

Text made by Social Insurance Board

In order to use the service you have to enter the State Portal eesti.ee! Enter

Last modified 15. March 2019