Go to the next part of the content

Go to the next part of the content

Applying for A1 (E101) certificate as employee

A personal A1 certificate must be applied for if:

  • you live in Estonia and work for various employers in several Member States of the European Union
  • you live in Estonia and work for one employer in several Member States.

An A1 certificate need not be applied for if you live and work only in Estonia. You can view the applications filed and the A1 certificates issued in your name on the list “Applications for A1 (E101) certificates filed by me and my certificates”.

NB! If you do not live in Estonia but work in several Member States (including Estonia), you must apply for an A1 certificate from the social insurance institution in your state of residence.

As of 18 March 2019 certificates A1 issued in Estonia will be effective without being signed or sealed and the Estonian Social Insurance Board will no longer issue paper forms by mail. You can view and print certificate A1 issued to you through the service Applications for A1 (E101) certificate filed by me and my certificates.

info@sotsiaalkindlustusamet.ee or call Social Insurance Board helpline 612 1360, on weekdays 9:00–17:00. On the last Friday of every month 9:00–13:00

NB! All official forms are in Estonian.

Text made by Social Insurance Board

In order to use the service you have to enter the State Portal eesti.ee! Enter

Last modified 15. March 2019